PureDireX - PDC03-0100
Virus Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit (Column Based)
Size: 100 rxns
PureDireX Virus Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit (Column Based)
The Virus Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit provides a fast, simple, and cost-effective method for the isolation of viral DNA/RNA from cell-free samples such as serum, plasma, body fluids and the supernatant of virus-infected cell cultures. Its unique buffer system will efficiently lyse cells and degrade protein, allowing for the nucleic acid to be easily bound by the glass fiber matrix of the column. Contaminants such as salts, metabolites and soluble macromolecular cellular components are removed in the Wash Step. The phenol extraction and ethanol precipitation are not required, and the high-quality nucleic acid is eluted in the RNase-free elution buffer. The viral DNA/RNA isolated with the Total Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit (Virus) is suitable for a variety of routine applications, including the Real-time PCR/RT-PCR, Automated Fluorescent DNA Sequencing, PCR, and other enzymatic reactions. The entire procedure can be completed within 15-20 minutes.
Sample: Up to 300 μl of the whole blood
Sample: Up to 200 μl of virus sample
Format: Reagent and mini spin column
Sample material: Serum, plasma, body fluids
Operation time: 20 minutes
Elution volume: 50 μl
- Isolates both viral RNA and DNA, allowing simultaneous detection of both types of virus
- Removes inhibitors that might interfere with downstream assays, ensuring greater assay specificity, sensitivity and reproducibility
- Prepares nucleic acid samples in only 20 minutes
- Yields a concentrated sample that is suitable for direct assay (no precipitation required)
- Universal viral nucleic acid purification system – One kit for both DNA and RNA viral purification, allowing simultaneous testing of both viral types
- Environment-friendly -Less infectious plastic waste due to the reduced number of hands-on steps
- Safety – No phenol/chloroform extractions
- Versatility – Spin and vacuum formats available
- Quality – RNA suitable for downstream applications
There was a study conducted with the following specifications:
Sample: EV71 Cell
Primer Mix Conc.: 200μM
Virus Stock Conc.: 4.9 x 107 pfu/mL
Virus Input Conc.: 2.5 x 106 pfu/mL
Procedure: Virus Nucleic Acid Isolation Kit (Column Based) results after extracting virus from infected EV71 cell.
Q: What are the mechanics behind your kit? Is it to be used manually or automated?
A: The isolation of viral DNA/RNA is conducted manually as well as the other steps. Due to the variety of equipments in the market, the user is welcome to try our kits on the machine.
Q: Can we increase the number of reactions? e.g. 250 or 500 per kit?
A: Due to the great demand, we are currently only able to provide 100 reactions per kit.
Q. How much does a kit weigh?
A: 1 kit weighs approximately 1.2 kg.
Q. What is PureDireX?
A: Our PureDireX line is related to Isolation Kits. There are around 16 kits for you to choose.