BIO-HELIX - CCH321-B100ML
UltraScence Pico Plus Western Substrate
Size: 50ml x 2 / Set
The UltraScence Pico Plus Western Substrate, as a luminol-based enhanced chemiluminescent substrate, is sensitive and compatible with conducting immunoblots with horseradish peroxidase (HRP) – conjugated secondary antibodies. The low picogram or high femtogram detection of antigen is enabled by UltraScence Pico Plus Western Substrate’s excellent sensitivity and long signal duration. Further, its long chemiluminescent signal duration makes both digital and film-based imaging possible without any loss of the signal. Appropriate primary and secondary antibody dilutions are suggested for attaining optimal signal intensity and duration.
Product Name: UltraScence Pico Plus Western Substrate
Product Item No.: CCH321-B100ML
Substrate Type: HRP (Horseradish Peroxidase) Substrate
Contents/Storage: Store at 4℃ for 2 years
Patent No.: US10,711,185
- No optimization required.
Switching to the UltraScence Pico Plus Western Substrate from other brands, such as Thermo Scientific™ SuperSignal™ Pico Plus and Bio-Rad™ Clarity™, does not require optimization or protocol changes.
- High degree of sensitivity and enhanced chemiluminescence duration.
UltraScence Pico Plus Western Substrate enables an accurate low picogram or high femtogram detection of protein on the same immunoblot after a single exposure.
- Optimized for use with PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes.
- Compatible with Western Blotting Markers.
- Optimized for film and CCD-based imaging.
**US Patent No.: US10,711,185
1. Keep the membrane moist in the wash buffer while preparing the substrate mixture. Make sure the membrane does not dry out in the next steps.
2. The chemiluminescent substrate solution is sufficiently stirred to prepare the 0.1ml of solution / cm2 of the membrane.
- For a small membrane (7 x 8.5 cm), 4 ml of solution is sufficient.
- For a medium-sized membrane (8.5 x 13.5 cm), 10 ml of solution is sufficient.
3. Place the membrane on a clean, flat surface or in a clean container.
4. Remove the membrane from the chemiluminescent substrate solution and drain the excess solution.
5. Place the membrane in a plastic sheet protector or plastic wrap to prevent the film from drying out.
6. Imaging the membrane with a digital imager or by exposure to the X-ray film.
Figure 1. UltraScence Pico Plus Western Substrate enables an accurate low picogram to high femtogram detection of protein on the same immunoblot after a single exposure. Membranes were probed with GFP tag Rabbit PolyAb diluted at 1:10,000 of and then with Goat Anti-rabbit IgG/HRP secondary antibody (1:10,000) after serial dilution EGFP (Enhanced Green Fluorescent Protein) were prepared and applied in electrophoresis and protein transfer. Identical blots were incubated with the Western substrate. The blots were simultaneously exposed for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 180 seconds using ChemluxSPX-600 Series digital imaging system.
* SuperSignal West Pico PlUS and Clarity Western ECL Substrate is a registered trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific and Bio rad. The trademark holder is not affiliated with Bio-HeliX Co., Ltd. and does not recognize this product.
Q: From Bio-Helix’s UltraScence ECL substrates portfolio, which level of ECL fits best my Western blot applications?
A: UltraScence ECL substrates series is compatible with the use from low picogram to low-femtogram level detections. Please kindly refer to the ECL selection guide of UltraScence Western substrate as the below table:
(d) CCH375-B100ML, UltraScence Femto Plus ECL Western Substrate
(e) CCH385-B100ML, UltraScence Atto Western Substrate